Friday, January 22, 2010

Big Chill Fridge Can You UN Chill A Bottle Of Champagne?

Can you UN chill a bottle of Champagne? - big chill fridge

I have a bottle of Moet What star as the X-mas gift for a friend. I cooled to Nye. 2 days on the big night with the same friend brought a bottle of Dom, eliminating the need to open the bottle of Moet in the fridge. Nye, I see no reason to open the Moet, at least until Valentine's Day, but to take his place in my fridge!

Since I is not a connoisseur of champagne my question: The bottle is the temperature, as I now it's cool. When I leave the fridge and you can now return to room temperature, continue to "bad"? I am in Massachusetts and hot summer this year, hovering around 50 degrees, the night was very cold ... I still hold the bottle in the garage, which are colder than the temp house, but warmer than the refrigerator. Or should I learn to live with less space in the fridge, or to live better, find an excuse for the man and I drink a bottle before 14 February? Thank you in advance for your help!

4 comments:

Edward Mainwaring-Burton said...

The bottle did not break through the weather, but the wine is very sensitive to sudden changes in temperature. Your best chance to keep wine in optimum conditions, is removed from the refrigerator and move it into the cold room in the house (ground floor or basement, but not propose, in the kitchen) or, like you, the garage. While the temperature is in the garage should not remain constant, we can at least ensure that they do not differ widely.

To insulate, wrap the bottle in bubble wrap, a blanket or a piece of old carpet, it is not warm the wine as insulation prevents heat reaching the bottle so fast and so slow, any variation in temperature. In addition, the cover prevents sunlight or artificial light does not harm his champagne.

Contrary to popular belief, sparkling wines should be stored vertically when the cap is allowed to be very wet, can compress the pressure in the bottle and seal the commitment.

I hope this helps and enjoy your wine, 14 February.

Malika said...

Julie

I think that if the bottle from the refrigerator and in a cool, he'll be fine. When the bottle tightly closed, and probably should be in and out of rooms with different temperatures, before you bought the champagne to be good. My husband and I have done that. The champagne is very good.

However, if you can, leave it in the fridge until you need it next time. Enjoy No need for a special occasion, champagne or sparkling wine waiting.

Uncle Boo said...

The champagne is good if you leave at room temperature. If you keep a bottle of wine if you want to cool (cellar temperature to keep), but as or more important is to avoid rapid changes in temperature and high temperatures. You can cook the wine if you invest a lot of heat and can make changes fairly quickly. Find a dark, Nice to get it out of the refrigerator in the garage without a doubt, if one (which does not freeze really bad) back in the cold few days and enjoy a good bottle of wine.

rusrus said...

I do not dig the skunk, but "may". If you can break it in the garage, and is an ultra-cold wave, the bottle. If you leave it in the refrigerator for 43 days, it's OK, but it has less usable space.

Maybe I should invent a holiday. May I suggest, "Wednesday, romantic." Pop today, tomorrow, cork and celebrate this annual event. Be sure to stop by and get a greeting card on this event.

Post a Comment